Friday, March 18

...and i thought today would be the one...

The weather was stupendous, reached near 70 degrees F. However, the water temps were still like a 'frigerator glass of water and the fish just were not cooperating. I saw a couple of rises, but just couldn't figure the menu. There's no apparent bug life going on yet except for these microscopic white flies that come out of the wood bulk head when you kick it...

On the nice side tho' I really really worked the Loop rod out today and have most excellent control with it now.
Found out that I can really lean on it loading it from the butt and it performs quite nicely. Shame it got dark, I was really diggin' the loops I was throwing...

Well, tomorrow is another day without a dollar, but I'll be fishing. Maybe since I shaved, now the fish won't mind jumping on the hook.  We'll see. Sooner or later this dry spell has to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment